There are a lot of ways to connect with poetry this month -- here are a few:
1. Go to www.poets.org and sign up for a Poem-A-Day email. What's easier than that? This site has tons of information on what's happening this month.
2. Join the Poetic Asides PAD (Poem-A-Day) challenge. Every day you get a prompt for a poem to write which you can post and/or save until May 1st and submit your favorite five for consideration as "Poet Laureate" of the PAD challenge. November brings a PAD chapbook challenge!
3. Sign up for the excellent Writer's Almanac podcast or daily newsletter. In addition to hearing Garrison Keillor recite a poem a day, you get writing related news. Sure to inspire you!
4. Checkout the Poem Flow app for the iPhone. It delivers a classic poem every day with each line or phrase fading in and out.
5. April 29th is Poem in Your Pocket day. Start thinking about a poem you would like to share with your friends, colleagues and family.
6. Poems really should be heard aloud, at www.poets.org check out one of the many events going on nationwide which include poets reading their work.